Helpful Hints for Handicapped Travelers Needing Assistance
- Prior to your trip, contact your airline and indicate that you will need assistance.
- In Eppley's parking garage, handicap parking stalls are on each floor, both on the north end and the south end, next to the elevator lobbies.
- For oversized vans (above 6'10") that will not fit into the covered parking garage, a special parking space is available down the front drive commercial lane in the north garage overlay area. (see sign) To use this space, a call must be made to the ABM Parking office and arrangements made for police assistance & prepayment. (402) 346-2466.
- The Surface parking lot and the North and South Long-term Economy parking lots also have handicap parking stalls near the exit and next to the shuttle bus waiting shelters, respectively.
- The North and South Long-term Economy parking lot shuttle busses are also equipped with mechanical wheelchair lifts. Call ABM Airport System Parking at 402-346-2466 for inquiries or requests for assistance.
- For security reasons, motorists are not allowed to park or wait in their vehicles on Eppley's terminal front drive except to briefly load and upload passengers. During the process, the driver MUST remain with the vehicle.
- For customers traveling with service animals, there are two pet exercise areas located at the north and south ends of the terminal marked with signs. There are no exercise areas available once you enter the terminal.
- For additional handicap information and wheelchair assistance, we suggest that you contact our airlines' skycap service, Prime Flight Aviation Services in advance of your arrival at their local dispatch number 402-676-1563, regarding the services that are available once you arrive at Eppley Airfield.
- Uniformed airport police officers are always on duty on the terminal front drive and can be contacted for assistance in obtaining special needs services.
- The Airport's Communication Center can also be reached at 402-661-8100 (8100 on red courtesy phone).
Helpful Hints for the Hearing Impaired Traveler
- Contact your airline and indicate that you may need assistance.
- TTY/TDD telephone instruments are located in the following five areas of the terminal building: (1) lower level central next to Gate 21 hallway, (2) upper level north and south ends close to Omaha Steaks kiosks, (3) Concourse A and B in boarding gate areas.
- For relay operator assistance dial 1-800-833-7352 or 711 or follow instructions where posted.
- The Omaha Airport Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The Omaha Airport Authority does not discriminate against people with disabilities in accordance with 49 Section 27.123(a) and with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The Omaha Airport Authority's ADA and Section 504 Coordinator is Stan Kathol, Director - Finance & Administration. – Contact information is below.
- ADA grievance procedures are available upon request in person at the office or by mail/fax at contact information below. Also available at lower level Welcome to Omaha Information Desks.